Sunday, November 9, 2008

Crowders Mountain Part I (Hopefully)

So, in keeping with our rediscovery of hiking, we headed off to Crowders Mountain this morning to check out the 5.2 loop trail that takes you to the overlook, by the towers, and then along the ridgeline. It actually cobbles together the Crowders Mountain Trail, the Backside Trail and the Rocktop Trail.

In short, wow. What a great place that I can’t believe we have let slip by for all these years. While the overlook was much smaller than I expected, the second part of the hike for us (the Rocktop Trail) was really neat. There were outcroppings, great views and a nice trip along the top of the mountain. My fear of heights did have me crawling across one outcrop, much to Mark's amusement.

If the weather holds, we’re going to check out Kings Pinnacle next weekend. There are some photos below, and more pictures from this weekend and Stone Mountain with the links on the right.






No comments: