Sunday, January 17, 2010

Table Food


That's right, we've entered the world of table food. A week ago or so we got a very nice note home from the daycare that said, "Will seems ready for table food as he has been very interested in what Vivian has been eating at lunch. Is it ok if we feed him small pieces of soft lunch items from the kitchen?"

I translated this to, "Your son is pitching an absolute fit when we feed Vivian. PLEASE, for the love of all things holy, let us give him some of the same things."

So, off we've been. Notes home have had a huge list of items ranging from pancakes to peaches to Kix to graham crackers. Apparently he's not picky, which is great! They tell us he does well with his sippy cup too (I haven't observed the same at home, but whatever). At dinner on Friday he enjoyed avocado!

This weekend, I spent what felt like an eternity searching for soft things at the store he can eat for meals. So far we have lots of frozen veggies I can heat up, mac and cheese, Vienna sausages, Fig Newtons, Kix and other stuff. I have a feeling that once the week is over he'll pretty much be eating what we do for dinner.

No comments: