Thursday, April 7, 2011

"Mommy Dearest"


Tate had her four month check up this week! She is doing fantastic. With one minor detail. Mark and I failed her on her developmental quiz (ASQ).

For those of you not familiar, this little quiz goes through all types of milestones and asks if your child "always, sometimes, not yet" does something. For example, "Without you smiling first, your baby smiles when they see you," or, "When your baby sees herself in a mirror she smiles."

Well, we put one too many "sometimes" and "not yet" answers, because as she was looking some paperwork our pediatrican said, "Wait. The nurse didn't add up the ASQ right. It has Tate failing. There is no way that good-looking baby is below a 45." She flew out of the room and came back in shaking her head. She continued,

"It appears as if Mom is a bit on the critical side." LONG PAUSE

"MOMMY DEAREST," followed by lots of cackling at our expense. Don't worry, Mark has removed all the wire hangers.***

So, other than the fact we have probably scarred Tate for life, she is doing well. Here are her stats:

Lenght: 25.5 inches (81%)
Weight: 15 lbs, 15 ozs (84%)
Head: 41.5 cms (54%)

An outcome of the appointment? First solid foods. We opted for sweet potatoes tonight. She was a fan.





***This gem of a moment came just after Mark and I tried to answer the question about how much Tate was eating. I had to pause in the middle of our arguing and apologize to Richter. I don't think we ever did come to a conclusion. At some point I'm going to actually remember to calculate the food amounts before the appointment.

No comments: