Saturday, December 27, 2008

Car Care Bowl

Hooray! The Heels made it to a bowl! Finally! Mark and I – along with Jen, Leah, Thomas and Neal – were good Carolina fans and headed to the Car Care Bowl downtown today. Alas, our Heels gave it away in the fourth quarter. Very appropriate for the season – close but not quite.

I did learn and observe some interesting things whilst at the game.
1) There are 33 rows in section 535. We were on the very last.
2) Sometimes WV fans disguise themselves as Tar Heels. I’m pretty sure the group in front of us hadn’t come down from their mountain holler in several decades.
3) Heather and Sean are awesome hosts for allowing us to do our pre and post game at their place down the street from the stadium.
4) WV has quite the first down cheer that involves a good bit of jazz hands/spirit fingers.
5) Males do serve as baton twirlers in some marching bands.
6) The fog enveloping Charlotte this month is getting a bit creepy.
7) BofA Stadium shakes. Not a good feeling for a preggo lady afraid of heights stuck on the very top row. After a quarter I had my stadium legs.
8) Hakeem Nicks looks good on an NFL field.
9) If they could play the bowl game today, surely they could hold the ACC Championship.
10) We better be in Florida or Georgia this time next year.

No comments: