Thursday, July 16, 2009

Back in the Saddle



We started a new chapter on Wednesday as I had my first day back at work and Will went to daycare for the first time. So far, so good on all counts. I like work and he likes daycare. Mark takes him in the morning (ha ha), and then I get the awesome job of picking him back up in the afternoon.

Will has his own little crib with a mobile just like his one at home. He is also getting used to the whole idea of being dressed. In true Karen fashion, I've kept him, um, casually dressed these last few months. As in, diaper only. In fact, we had to make a run to Target to make sure he had enough clothes to make it through the week. He wore socks on day one, but we forgot on day two. I like him barefoot better anyway.

Our first few days were good for such a big change. We forgot the paperwork on day one (you know, to prove that he has had his shots) which elicited a frantic call from the KinderKare director. Also on day one I failed to sign him out. Whoops. I'm just happy he had enough food and managed to start and finish the day in the same outfit.


No comments: