We had gotten them both in their pajamas, and William was by the book basket next to the pie safe. They were both still bouncing off the walls, and Mark and I were frazzled from trying in vain to watch the Carolina/Wake game.
It all started as an effort to get Tate to stop making horrid sounds. (I swear, she also said "no" and "mine" for the first time today, but that's another post. And, future Karen, this isn't a sarcastic comment, so when you're trying to remember milestones here you go!)
I was holding her hand as she walked around the corner of the couch. Then, we met Will about three feet from the book basket. He stood, and Tate wrench away from my hand, stood and took a half of a shuffle step towards Will.
"Mark," I yelled.
"What's wrong," he said.
"Tate's trying to really walk," I replied.
He turned and realized what was happening. Tate promptly sat down.
Mark came over and sat on the floor and put Will on his lap and we set Tate up again holding my right hand. I let her go, and she took three tentative steps towards Mark and Will. We did it again a few times before the realities of bedtime made us stop and I got back to the chore of bottle making. Plus, Will was ready for his stories.
Oh, and we bought her first pair of shoes at Stride Rite at SouthPark today. Cute little brown leathers with pink hearts and a t-strap.
No comments:
Post a Comment