While this has gone smashingly well at bedtime, nap time is a bit of an adventure on the weekends. And by adventure, I mean that we shut him in his room and listen to him slide furniture around, sing songs, read books and otherwise run amok for an hour or so while we catch our breath.
Sunday was no different this week. He's up there and I can tell he's scooting his toddler bed around. Then, THUNK. Followed by silence. Followed by a loud cry of pain.
Mark and I ran upstairs, open the door and found him rubbing the back of his head.
"I hurt my heb," Will said, rubbing the back of his noggin.
"I'm sorry buddy. What happened," I ask.
"It hurbs," he said. "I fell off the slide."
I shot a quick glance to Mark. We're both wondering what in the world he's talking about.
"Show me the slide, buddy," I said.
Will proceeds to pull the comforter off the floor from our double bed that is in the room and hold it next to the corner of the double bed.
He then took his stuffed George and threw him face first off the corner of the bed along his "slide."
Best we can figure George and perhaps Grover got a few trial runs before Will decided to take a turn himself.
No comments:
Post a Comment