Sunday, October 12, 2008

VICTORY!


What a great weekend! It kicked off with Sammy & Meredith’s rehearsal dinner. They had it at a little BBQ joint on the one stretch of 54 in the Triangle that is still somewhat rural. I’m not holding my breath for that to last too long – 540 was less than a mile away.

Here are a few pictures. Michael and Liz are now happily engaged (he's here with Mark), and the dinner was neat. A bright white tent under lights, lots of family and friends, and a really nice time.

Saturday was the big game, and Dad came up to meet us and use Mark’s ticket (yes, Mark went to the wedding). We ran into Isaac, Eric and Chris at Linda’s before kick-off. It was a nice surprise to see the three of them.

Here are some pictures from the game. The crowd was great, and the action on the field was exciting. Not only was the game great, but there was a stealth bomber flyover. I promise you that you’ve never seen a flyover until you’ve seen the stealth. Most importantly, Carolina beat Notre Dame. On to Virginia.

2 comments:

C. Hall said...

Sure your Tarheels had a great game, but what about OUR PANTHERS! What's up with them? How can you be happy when the Panthers are losing?? ;-)

Charles Hall
Raleigh

KRON said...

I know! It was an awful awful game on Sunday. I'm not sure who that team was that showed up!