Monday, January 17, 2011

Wright Brothers National Memorial

We crossed another National Park off our list over the weekend. During a trip to the Outer Banks for a family reunion we took a side trip with my Mom to see the Wright Brothers National Memorial. It was a great way to get Will out of the motel room and into the fresh air. Here are some tips to avoid the crowds:
  • Go at 9 a.m. (park open)
  • Go when it is roughly -23 degrees.
  • Go in January
Sadly, I didn't capture any good pictures from the reunion. Hopefully other family members will share. It was a great time. My great Uncle Ben and most of his children came in from California. The youngest of my grandfather's generation, he's celebrating his 9oth birthday next week. I will say he did seem to enjoy his birthday moonshine. And, well, here is one picture. I've put it in because Ben is in it. Here are a few more photos.









No comments: