While many may yearn to see this glorious feature of our diverse geological landscape, save yourself the trip. Unless you love Wal-Mart. And Sam’s Club. And Costco. And Target. All at the same time.
After a gorgeous drive through the Tetons and Yellowstone (more on that later), we arrive at what was a cross between Christmas at Carolina Place Mall and the strip at Myrtle Beach. Right down to the incredibly tacky knick-knacks for sale at the gift shop. To protect the innocent (aka me), I won’t name what number one tourist destination in North Carolina that the parking lots and crowds really reminded me of, but you get my drift.
Now, to the geyser. Here it is in all its glory.

With all of our closest friends…

On a happier note, Mark loved Old Faithful. I guess I need to work on my patriotism and love for Americana. For now, I’ll stick to listening to Woody Guthrie and the masterpieces of Aaron Copeland and move on with my life.
1 comment:
I know soooo many old faithfuls, it's hard to count....
I accept your disdain, and raise you one.
Post a Comment