Saturday, July 7, 2012

Greetings From Mount Mitchell

We opted to evacuate Charlotte when faced with yet another 100 degree Saturday. Lucky for us, Mt. Mitchell (the highest point east of the Mississippi) is only 2 and a half hours a way. We enjoyed a lovely lunch and then took in the observation deck. We also walked a few hundred yards down the Commissary Trail. I can't wait to go back and walk the whole thing.

Some photos. Will refused to stand still long enough to get any good shots, and there were enough people around that I had to stay on top of him the whole time. So much so that I honestly didn't really get to enjoy the views. Maybe next time.









(Tate was over my VERY round about way home. I meandered down the Blue Ridge Parkway, past Mt. Pisgah and down 276 past Looking Glass Falls and Sliding Rock. I don't know what she is complaining about -- Mark, Will and Tate slept most of the way home).

No comments: