As our crazy, wild and busy Labor Day Weekend continued, Mark and I stopped in and spent the night with his Dad and Gloria on Friday. They have some land in Chatham County, and have recently added six goats, a goat dog and chickens to their family.The goats, while they look a bit like aliens, are quite cute. Their ears are expressive, but their eyes are weird slits. I don’t think they’ll take us off in the middle of the night, but I wouldn't be so sure that they aren't extra-terrestrial.
The goats are Spanish Meat Goats, and are apparently an endangered breed. So, Jerry and Gloria are trying to help bring them back.
The goat dog Vashi is awesome. She's a puppy (and prone to puppy behavior) but you can tell that she's going to live up to her breed's reputation for being quite intelligent. Vashi is a Kangal, which is (in my best Westminster announcer voice) of Turkish origin and known for its gentle disposition and devotion to its owners.




No comments:
Post a Comment