Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Sometimes it is the Little Things


As most of you know, I love tomatoes. Adore might be a more appropriate adjective. Many of you also may know that our yard is so shady that I can’t grow my own. It really is a sad state of affairs. This will not be an issue at our next home. Hopefully.

Well, things are looking up. This summer I found a new spot to get my ‘maters, and it makes me smile each time I pull into the drive. I have been enjoying lots of sliced tomatos, sandwiches, and stellar salads for the last few weeks.

What makes it even better is the road side stand where I buy them. Straight out of another era, you'd never know that a huge shopping center is pretty much right across the road.

My tomato mart. If you want to go, it is important to note that they pick on Tuesdays and Fridays.  Price is $1.50 per pound.


No comments: